Thursday, July 30, 2009

Student Life Camp Thursday

I can't believe we'll be on the road headed back to Lubbock in less than 24 hours. We have had an incredible week at Student Life Camp this year. As the youth pastor who's been planning for this week for over a year it's been a blessing to watch it play out and get to be a part of it. Last night was unbelievable. Stuart talked to us about the renewal of our mind (Romans 12:2). He challenged each of us to spend time with God and in His Word. That is the only way renewal will come about. We must replace the lies we believe with the Truth of God. This reality landed heavily upon myself and several of our students last night as we entered into our church group time.

We had several students share about some sin that they had been struggling with (a lie they had been believing), and their desire to repent. When one of our young men shared a struggle it opened the door for other young men and women to share some of their own struggles. I believe we saw some genuine brokenness unfolding in the room last night. It was emotional indeed, but it was so much more than that. Students were confessing some stuff that was embarassing and difficult. I am so proud of them for their courage and their passion to become more like Christ through changing their minds. I must admit that I wasn't expecting it, but it was an unforgettable experience. I've been a part of numerous camps, conferences, and ministry events, and it's no secret that usually the last night of camp is when the waterworks come out and emotion rules. Last night was genuine and I honestly don't know what can happen tonight that will blow me away the way the way our experience last night did.

I'm so thankful for Stuart Hall and his words this week. He speaks the truth and he's dealt with some real life issues. It's almost uncomfortable to sit through at times because you know he's going to challenge you to change something in your life. At the same time, he has made me hunger to hear the word and be in the word even more and for that I am truly grateful. It's been a great week and it's not over yet. Please pray for our last day and our long trip home tomorrow. I can't wait to see my beautiful wife and our sweet little baby girl. I love and miss them so much, but I know God brought me here for a purpose. Here a few more pics from our week.
























































No comments:

Post a Comment