Friday, July 24, 2009

Ready for the Rockies....

We leave for Student Life camp in two days and I'm really looking forward to next week. I'm in the anxious mode right now of making sure I haven't forgotten any major details, and reminding myself to bring a toothbrush. The ten day weather forecast shows that the highest temperature while we're at camp will be 66 degrees. I am ready for a break from the 100 degree days we've been having lately. I'm anticipating an incredible week in the Rockies! I'm confident that our students (and myself) will have a great opportunity to grow closer to Christ and that our entire group will grow closer to one another.

My biggest regret is that I have to leave my wife and daughter behind. This will be the longest amount of time I've ever spent away from Avery, and it's always hard to leave Chelsea. She's my best friend and partner in ministry, and student ministry trips and events are so much easier for me when she's around. I'm praying that it will be a quick week for them while I'm away.

If you're a parent or a church member who is looking at this blog for the first time then you've come to the right place. I'll be posting updates (and hopefully pictures) throughout the week so that you can join our camp experience online. Please be praying for us as we travel to and from camp, but more importantly pray that God's will be done in the lives of our students. It's going to be a great week of camp! See ya soon!

Nolan

No comments:

Post a Comment