Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Student Life Camp 2011 Wednesday

Camp is in full swing and things are going great. Yesterday afternoon our students did a photo scavenger hunt throughout the entire campus. They took some funny and creative pictures and I think they all had a good time doing so. Afterwards, many of them used their free time to play putt putt, rest, and swim.

Last night was another solid time of worship and bible study. JR Vassar continued in Hosea talking about how Hosea went broke to buy back his wife Gomer who was now enslaved in prostitution. I've studied Hosea before but have never heard a pastor teach so in depth on that book, and JR preached two awesome messages from that book. The story paints a beautiful picture of redemption. After hearing him speak, I was reminded that I am Gomer. Jesus gave all that he had to bring me back from slavery to my sin, and not bring me back as a servant but as one of His own sons. That is such great news, and our students responded very well to that message as evidenced in some of the comments that were made during our church group time last night.

This morning JR spoke out of Matthew 12:38-42. He said that the love and wisdom of Jesus should warm our heart to the Lordship of Jesus. If Jesus is truly as wise and all knowing as He says He is, and if He loves us as much as He says He does, shouldn't our response be to trust Him? We obey because He has our best interests in mind. As I type this our students are in family group bible study time. Bobby Greene and my wife Chelsea are leading the groups and I am so thankful for all that they are doing to invest into our young men and women. This afternoon we're going to play ultimate frisbee and will again have some more free time after that. It thrills me to hear our students talk about how much fun they are having and how they believe God brought them here for a purpose. We are exactly where we are supposed to be and the week isn't over yet. Please continue to pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment