Friday, August 9, 2013

Preach Like a Champion Today

Notre Dame has a sign in their locker room that players touch before going out on the field. It says: "Play like a champion today."I keep waiting for someone to make or buy me a sign like this to slap every time I'm walking on stage to preach:


This is just the start mind you, I'm hoping one day it will become mandatory for churches to build locker rooms adjacent to the sanctuary. Should they also include a trainer to tape ankles before the big game, I mean, sermon? Absolutely - I've seen many pastors suffer both in and out of season ending injuries during a message. Why risk it?  And while we're at it, why not throw in some pre-game introductions with pyrotechnics and a receiving line full of deacons giving high fives. Is it too much to ask to show up on Sunday morning in church issued sweats and be able to change into my uniform or suit that just so happens to be hanging in a locker with my name on it while listening to some inspirational tunes on my beats headphones (someone is going to have to buy those as well). You may ask, is this biblical? And to that I would say, is your holier than thou dream crusher attitude biblical? Alright then. 

What would you add if you could add a locker room to your church? And yes, my birthday is next month so please feel free to buy this sign for me. 


2 comments:

  1. I think I would post a sign that says, "Check your fly."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call! I always do the "hands in pockets and pull outward" test before speaking.

    ReplyDelete